Mechanical Design Engineer
TestWorks Group is an innovative technology company offering a comprehensive range of solutions, products and services in the field of electronic and mechanical design, automation, manufacturing and test.
An opportunity has arisen at our Letchworth (Hertfordshire) facility for an experienced mechanical design engineer, required to assist in the design and manufacture of bespoke functional test equipment.
Working as part of a specialist engineering group, you will liaise with the management and engineering teams, sales team and directly with customers (travelling within the UK to customer sites may be necessary).
You must be able to work on your own initiative and should be comfortable taking full ownership of the mechanical design aspects of each unique project.
Essential elements of the role include:
- Reviewing customer drawings/ideas.
- Turning your ideas and solutions into concept sketches.
- Producing 2D & 3D drawings of the final designs using AutoCAD, SolidWorks or similar.
- Generating manufacturing drawings, BOMS and program files for CNC milling/routing machine.
- Some assembly of parts to ensure correct functioning of the final designs.
Knowledge and practical experience of electro-mechanical design and pneumatic design would be advantageous.
This is a permanent position based at our Letchworth Garden City facility.
- Normal working hours of 37.5 per week (5 days, Mon-Fri) with paid overtime as/when available.
- Additional benefits: 25 days annual holiday (+ public holidays), employer contribution NEST pension scheme.
Please apply in writing including a copy of your C.V. by post or email to: [email protected]
This position is only open to direct applicants – enquiries from recruitment agencies or similar organisations will not be considered.