Test Development Engineer
TestWorks Group is an innovative technology company offering a comprehensive range of solutions, products and services in the field of electronic and mechanical design, automation, manufacturing and test.
An opportunity has arisen at our Letchworth (Hertfordshire) facility for an experienced test development engineer, required to assist in the design and manufacture of bespoke functional test equipment (“ATE”) used for the testing of PCB assemblies and finished, box-built electronic products.
Working as part of a specialist engineering group, you will liaise with the management and engineering teams, sales team and directly with customers (travelling within the UK to customer sites may be necessary).
You must be able to work on your own initiative and should be comfortable taking full ownership of the electrical design & hardware integration aspects of each unique project.
Essential elements of the role include:
- Reviewing customer concept drawings/ideas.
- Being able to analyse and thoroughly understand the customers product test specifications.
- Specifying and designing ATE hardware & integration.
- Design and build/customisation of test fixtures.
- Design of basic printed circuit board assemblies using CAD software (e.g. DispTrace or others).
- Evaluation, proving and acceptance testing of the finished ATE design.
- Generation of associated documentation packs (including wiring diagrams, assembly drawings, BOMs etc.).
Although this is primarily and electronics role, an understanding and some practical experience of mechanical and pneumatic design would be advantageous.
Also desirable would be a basic working knowledge of functional ATE software, specifically that developed using National Instruments LabVIEW & TestStand.
This is a permanent position based at our Letchworth Garden City facility.
- Normal working hours of 37.5 per week (5 days, Mon-Fri) with paid overtime as/when available.
- Additional benefits: 25 days annual holiday (+ public holidays), employer contribution NEST pension scheme.
Please apply in writing including a copy of your C.V. by post or email to [email protected]
This position is only open to direct applicants – enquiries from recruitment agencies or similar organisations will not be considered.