Sapcote Engineering is part of i³ Group Solutions Ltd
Who we are:
The i³ Group consists of four companies that develop industrial hardware and software products, design and manufacture factory production and automation systems, and provide electronics manufacturing and test services. We work with existing systems or develop new solutions to help companies improve performance, efficiency and reliability to add scale and reduce costs.
We call our approach “intelligent industrial integration.”
We support customers through the entire ‘prototype to production’ journey offering a single point of contact delivered by our group companies; Adept Automation, Testworks Electronics, Sapcote Engineering and i³ Group Design.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team within Sapcote Engineering. We are a successful company with a 50-year history, offering industrial solutions for materials handling, packing, automated component assembly, inspection and bespoke automation including advanced robotics. Our extensive experience in advanced automation and conveyance in manufacturing systems, along with our reputation for operational excellence, has made us the integrators of choice for many of the UK’s international brands.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Assist our commercial and technical teams with develop thorough and clear plans of action to execute projects for our clients on time, through:
- Clarification of project scoping and chartering
- Gathering all relevant Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Formulating precedence task lists and dependencies around the key project milestones
- Assigning and estimating the right duration and resource requirements for each milestone and its associate tasks.
- Calculating critical path through network diagrams, PERT and Gantt
- Establishing a relevant risk register and resource loading plan.
- Ensure the validity of the overall plan with all functional areas of the business, our group companies, customers, contractors and suppliers.
- Coordinate and negotiate resource commitment from internal and external stakeholders, contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Track and manage the daily, weekly, monthly status review of our projects
- Roll-up the status of all projects to a summary aggregation of resource-loading by functional area across our business
- Along with the commercial, technical and support teams, manage the delivery of work-packages to ensure timely invoicing of staged payments for cash-flow optimisation.
- Use Earned Value Management (EVM) metrics to visualise progress and control variances in time and cost budgets.
- Present flash reports on status, risk plans, forecasts and project crashing opportunities to both our project teams and our customers as required.
- Maintain the right project data, files and documentation
- Instigate project closure, “lessons learned” and final project review sessions.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for talented and experienced Project Manager who flexible and has a positive attitude. He/she will have:
- Degree qualified in a relevant subject
- Certified professional project management in waterfall and/or agile PM (PMI- PMP/PRINCE2/SCRUM- MASTER)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience working as a Project Manager
- Experience in any of the following areas is desirable: engineering/capital projects management, technical PMO, project team management, procurement.
- Project-management software tools fluency (e.g. MS Project, Asana, Slack etc.)
- A clean driving license.
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience
- 39 hours per week Monday to Friday, with an early finish on Fridays
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays, rising to 26 days after 12 months’ service
- Training, development, and career opportunities across all Group Divisions
If you think this is the perfect role for you please send your current CV to [email protected]