Sapcote Engineering part of i³ Group Solutions Ltd
Who we are:
The i³ Group consists of four companies that develop industrial hardware and software products, design and manufacture factory production and automation systems, and provide electronics manufacturing and test services. We work with existing systems or develop new solutions to help companies improve performance, efficiency and reliability to add scale and reduce costs.
We call our approach “intelligent industrial integration.”
We support customers through the entire ‘prototype to production’ journey offering a single point of contact delivered by our group companies; Adept Automation, Testworks Electronics, Sapcote Engineering and i³ Group Design.
We are seeking a Design Engineer to join our team within Sapcote Engineering. We are a successful company with a 50-year history, offering industrial solutions for materials handling, packing, automated component assembly, inspection and bespoke automation including advanced robotics. Our extensive experience in advanced automation and conveyance in manufacturing systems, along with our reputation for operational excellence, has made us the integrators of choice for many of the UK’s international brands.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Work as part of a small design team designing and detailing industrial access platforms, conveyor systems, and automation engineering solutions using 3D Inventor.
- The work is varied as most of our systems are bespoke engineering solutions and will involve:
- Site surveys involving measuring, sizing and scanning customer sites and installations.
- Liaising with new and existing clients to understand their needs and present to them
- Interpreting customer URS and designing solution systems at the concept level
- Working with and supporting the technical sales managers and project engineers of our group.
- Calculating the right size of components based on sound engineering principles, tolerances and “design for manufacture” and “design for assembly” best-practice.
- Detailing and issuing technical drawing packages to facilitate in-house fabrication and assembly and external subcontractors’ manufacturing.
- Creating parts lists and working closely with the procurement team to ensure accurate and timely availability of components.
What we’re looking for:
- CAD Design Engineer
- Degree qualified (HNC+) preferred
- A minimum, of 5 years’ experience working as a Mechanical Design Engineer
- Experience of conveyor systems, automation systems, robotics, and special purpose machinery.
- Proven ability to interpret customer specifications, implicit and explicit system requirements and hidden needs, to develop detail design solutions for automation projects.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent ability to work with minimal supervision and as a subject matter expert in multifunctional teams.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel as and when required.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent numerical and verbal reasoning skills.
- Proven ability to follow and apply best-practice in professional project management across both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Advanced CAD drawing software experience
- IT systems and networking literacy
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience
- 39 hours per week Monday to Friday, with an early finish on Fridays
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays, rising to 26 days after 12 months’ service
- Training, development, and career opportunities across all Group Divisions
If you think this is the perfect role for you please send your current CV to [email protected].