Sapcote Engineering is part of i3 Group Solutions Ltd
Who we are:
The i³ Group consists of four companies that develop industrial hardware and software products, design and manufacture factory production and automation systems, and provide electronics manufacturing and test services. We work with existing systems or develop new solutions to help companies improve performance, efficiency and reliability to add scale and reduce costs.
We call our approach “intelligent industrial integration.”
We support customers through the entire ‘prototype to production’ journey offering a single point of contact delivered by our group companies; Adept Automation, Testworks Electronics, Sapcote Engineering and i3 Group Design.
We are seeking a Control Systems Design Engineer to join our growing team within Sapcote Engineering. We are a successful company with a 50-year history, offering industrial solutions for materials handling, packing, automated component assembly, inspection and bespoke automation including advanced robotics. Our extensive experience in advanced automation and conveyance in manufacturing systems, along with our reputation for operational excellence, has made us the integrators of choice for many of the UK’s international brands.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Manage the full cycle from PID concept to detail design and specification of control systems for our expanding project portfolio.
- Design the electrical controls, drives, sensors and network systems for special-purpose machinery for industries such as automotive, pharmaceutical, electrical, electronic, food and packaging.
- Produce detailed wiring design drawings for both in-house and contract manufacturing work-packages.
- Communicate directly with new and existing customers and suppliers and work seamlessly with our technical sales, project engineering, design, sourcing, manufacturing and installation teams.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree qualified on a relevant subject (minimum HNC level)
- Minimum 5 years working as a Control Systems/Electrical Engineer.
- Demonstrated experience in designing electrical control systems panels and/or switchgear controls for production systems and equipment.
- Proven ability to interpret customer specifications, implicit and explicit system requirements and hidden needs, to develop detail design solutions for automation projects.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent ability to work with minimal supervision and as a subject matter expert in multifunctional teams.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel as and when required.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Excellent numerical and verbal reasoning skills.
- Proven ability to follow and apply best-practice in professional project management across both agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Advanced CAD drawing software experience
- IT systems and networking literacy
What we can offer:
- A competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- 39 hours per week Monday to Friday, with an early finish on Fridays
- 25 days holiday plus public holidays, rising to 26 days after 12 months’ service
- Company Pension scheme
- Training, development, and career opportunities across all Group Divisions
If you think this is the perfect role for you, please send your current CV to [email protected].